Art lessons in a convenient Marin County location
- Individuals $60/ 75 minute private lesson
- Couples $95/ 75 minute private lesson
- Day or evening lessons fit your schedule
- Experienced with all ages
- Non-judgmental, supportive and fun environment
- Professional artist for 25+ years
- Private Sausalito art studio. Pay as you go.
Susan is now leading an Art Gallery Walk and Painting Class Tour in Sausalito for TG Travel group. You can book your tour now here.
Susan is partnered with Sausalito’s Casa Madrona Hotel and Spa to teach private painting classes to hotel guests with their Art of the Sea Package.
I always look forward to art class with Susan… when drawing or painting on my own I can get a bit too concerned about making sure every line and shadow is right. Susan encourages me to loosen up, dive in and draw/paint and enjoy the experience …
Susan, I had so much fun today, and I feel like I learned a lot! Thank you for today…it was truly a wonderful experience.
Art Lessons for Team-Building Creative Events
Art events can provide unique opportunities to overcome fears, boost confidence and decision making skills, and tap into problem-solving thinking. Whether a group is working on individual paintings with a common theme or creating one big painting, the process challenges the team to a common goal around a non-work activity — something new and refreshing, and a lot of fun. Groups $400/ hr. (2 hour minimum, over 6 people off-site only)
Susan leads painting classes for team building events at the Casa Madrona Hotel and Spa in Sausalito. Interested groups please contact the hotel for details.
Art Students experience using a variety of materials
Learn about the elements of drawing: edges, proportion and perspective, shading and tonal values, and composition:
- Gain confidence in drawing skills
- Develop sense of color and learn about color theory
- Tap into creativity with a variety of projects
- Meet for half hour free consultation to see if “good fit” Bring some examples of your art.
- Learning art skills helps with all other learning skills
- Everyone can learn. No special talent needed!
- Art can build patience and concentration, also self esteem
Students will be introduced to and participate in some or all of the following art projects:
- Simple perspective drawing
- Color wheel
- Gesture drawing
- Acrylic painting
- Watercolor painting
- Charcoal drawing
- Drawing people and faces
- Drawing animals
- Drawing still lifes
What People are Saying:
“Susan is an excellent art instructor. I highly recommend her as an art teacher for your child. My daughter loves to paint with her and has taken weekly lessons for 2+ years.”
“Susan is a first rate artist and teacher, and it is a pleasure to work on drawing or painting with her.”
“Susan is a wonderful teacher. She provided a fantastic foundation of skills and ways of seeing upon which my daughter continues to practice her art.”